GDS is always looking for the latest talent to join its global team. If you think you have something special to offer, please drop us an email at email@example.com.
GDS is a dynamic, fast paced, multicultural environment. We encourage initiative, teamwork and empower our people to make decisions and make a difference. If you think you have what it takes for a bright future with GDS we’d like to hear from you.
GDS is consistently partnering with local Universities and centers of excellence to hire highly motivated people.
You can also follow GDS on Linkedin.
GDS ITALY – CORNEDO VICENTINO
- Interpret written business requirements and generate specification documents.
- Plan software projects and calculate effort/resources and costs required.
- Track and report project status.
- Perform technical specification analysis and system engineering support.
- Troubleshoot and document own and team reported defects.
- Create, document, and supervising to unit test plans, debugging etc.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Effectively day to day management of numerous outsource teams/companies (task, results, proposal scoping, contract negotiation and relationship building).
- In collaboration with HW team, provide guidance on HW design projects in order to meet SW/FW requirements.
- Give software assistance to project leaders (in Europe, USA and Asia) for their projects.
- Provide leadership in software related decisions and strategy.
- Help the company/customers find added value in software services.
- Bachelor or Master Engineering degree, preferably in Electronics or Computer or similar field of studies
- Proven application of software languages.
- Coding experience in C, C++, Java programming
- Good English (spoken and written)
- Capability to communicate/interact within an international team
- Solid problem solving capabilities (within complex situations)
- Work under pressure
GDS ITALY – CORNEDO VICENTINO
The role of the Approvals Engineer is to ensure that all the relevant safety and EMC approvals are obtained for GDS products in line with the project timescales and product requirements (especially the products for Railways Market application).
The Approvals Engineer is also the company’s nominated expert on technical legislative compliance.
- Defining the required standards at the beginning of product development process
- Make sure that the products are validated according to company design procedures and customer requirements
- Pre-compliance testing of products
- Be the company point of reference towards external certification laboratories and negotiate test prices and schedules with them
- Formal submissions to approved test houses
- Providing technical support on related approval issues
- To be a reference point on regulation for all new products
- Test result evaluation and test reports preparation
- A good technical knowledge of electronics.
- Possess an engineering degree in Electronics or equivalent
- Deep knowledge of safety and EMC, Reach/Rohs regulations in Europe and in the world
- Deep knowledge of Railways safety regulations
- Knowledge of development phases of electronic projects
- Knowledge of electromagnetic physics
- Knowledge of ISO900*
- Knowledge of product approval testing
- Experience in measurement and testing of electronic equipment